Tuesday 29 July 2014

Braiding a bag for the stove

So anyway, if you're super-cool like me, you're probably really into hobbies.


I decided that I wanted to try my hand at braiding a small bag for my stove. I had seen many example online of people creating phone or camera cases. I wanted to do that too.

I planned to make the bag in two halves. This is the beginning of one half. This braid is a series of 'cobra knots' and will make the sides of the bag.

You gotta keep doing this for a while...

Once you have enough 'side; you can begin to link a 'net' across as a facing surface.

and back the other way...

Nice and messy looking. It will even out with tension.


Ok skipped a few steps, but did the same thing with the other side. Now tieing them together.

completed and with stove inserted

Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment