Tuesday 29 July 2014

Ultralight Packing

Hello again

After reading up on Ultralight bushwalking over at r/Ultralight I found myself over-enthusiasticly looking through my own gear and considering what could be culled. As the holidays had just begun, I found myself with a week to go over my gear list before doing the Ada Valley Walk "A Walk through History" .

I recently purchased a One Planet Zephyr -4. After selling them for years at Snowgum I had a good idea of what to expect, but I still couldn't contain my excitement at the chance to properly test it out in mid-winter.


I spent ages considering food weights and requirements, but I will go into that in a later post. I thought I should include this action shot of some ham about to be oven-dehydrated.

I have also been sold on Hexamine stoves. I purchased a French Mess Kit from Aussie Disposals as it would perfectly fit my stove, cutlery, fuel, lighters, and cleanup gear inside of it.

Many gratuitous photos


Above is three days worth of gear including food and first aid kit. I have included a few luxuries such as an LED lantern, playing cards, and some extra snack foods.

Here is the same gear all wrapped up and waterproofed

And here it is all crammed into a 30L daypack.

No comments:

Post a Comment